Have you been searching for how to block Jaiz Bank account? Hang around and read this page till the very end to understand how to.
At some point in our lives, we might have to block our bank accounts. Most times, they are not for reasons we looked forward to, but rather, for some unavoidable circumstances.
Blocking our accounts during these periods seems to be the best action we can take in our own best interests. I suppose spending a few minutes on this page is much better than losing a huge sum of money to fraudsters.
If you agree with me, then stick to this page while I show you how to escape from these ravaging lots when you find yourself susceptible to their crimes.
Let us get things underway.
Why Do I Need To Block My Account?
There are various reasons bank users decide to block their bank accounts. The most common reasons range from a missing or stolen phone to a hacked phone number.
When you misplace your phone or someone steals your phone, the first thing you would want to do is to protect the integrity of everything attached to your phone and/or the sim card in it.
This is because our phone numbers are usually linked to our bank accounts and some other private information that is better well-hidden than disclosed.
Financial criminals could perform unauthorized transactions on your bank account if they lay their hands on your phone and important data.
And that would most likely be the fate of negligent bank users who didn’t see enough reason to block their accounts immediately after they lost their phones.
Related: How to Check Jaiz Bank account Number
How To Block Jaiz Bank Account
The first step to take when you want to block your Jaiz bank account is to put a call through to the customer care of your network providers and ask that they block your line.
After doing that, you can proceed to do any of the following:
- Dial 07080635500 for self-service and follow the voice prompts to block your Jiaz bank account.
- You can also dial 07080635555 to speak with an agent from the bank with whom you will discuss your plight and intentions. Please note that you might have to provide some details regarding your account with Jaiz Bank.
- You can reach out with your requests to block your bank account via email too- contactcentre@jaizbankplc
- Lastly, since you might have no access to your phone at that moment, there is a feature that allows you to block your bank account through someone else’s phone.
Here is how to block your account with another person’s phone:
- Dial this Jaiz USSD block shortcode- *773*911*Phone Number#
- You will get a prompt with all the Jaiz account numbers linked to that particular phone number.
- Select the account you want to block or select all as applicable.
- You will then provide your USSD PIN, mobile banking PIN, or Internet banking token digits.
In case you do not have any of the three, you will have to call the contact centre.
- Once you do that successfully, the bank will place a PND on the bank account you selected for blocking.
A PND is simply an instruction to banks to restrict outflow from a particular bank account, essentially not permitting withdrawals or transfers out of the account. It means Post-No-Debits.
It is important to note that unblocking your account might require you to visit the bank in person.
Also see: How to Activate Jaiz Bank Transfer Code
We have successfully come to the end of our little tour on how to block Jaiz Bank account. I hope you have learned something and you now know the right steps to take when your account becomes vulnerable to fraudulent attacks.
I want to believe, also, that the steps are quite practical and straightforward. Thank you for reading with me.
Kindly share his post with your family and friends, and drop your suggestions or questions in the comments section below if you have any.