Access bank POS charges are the information you need to know about before you can decide to start a POS business with access bank.
POS business has grown widely across the country these days due to the benefits that come with it.
If you are interested in learning about access bank POS charges and how to become an access bank POS agent (closa agent), you are in the right place.
Under the guides below, you will find the information that you need:
- Access Bank POS
- Benefits of using Access Bank POS Terminal/Outlet
- Requirements to Become a Closa Agent
- How to Apply/Become a Closa Agent
- Access Bank POS Charges
Access Bank POS
The introduction of POS (Point of Sale) machines has helped all financial institutions in Nigeria with the dispensation of their duties.
In a bid to become more efficient and take the bank closer to its customers, the access bank has made available its own POS terminal to be applied for by interested persons and become a closa agent.
Some of the services rendered by POS terminals through the closa agents include:
- Performing basic banking functions like transfer of funds, withdrawal, etc
- Bills payment
- Airtime purchase
- Opening of access bank account
- Enrolment of BVN, etc
Rather than going to the bank for basic banking transactions, closa agents around you are working on behalf of the access bank, which makes it safe to use anytime there is a need to.
Benefits of using Access Bank POS Terminal/Outlet
Access introduced its POS terminal to be operated by closa agents for the benefit of its customers and every other interested person. Some of these benefits are:
- It is fast and efficient
- It is safe to use and secure
- It offers easy account opening procedures
- It accepts MasterCard, verve cards, and visa cards.
- It prevents the falling victim to fake currency, etc.
Requirements to Become a Closa Agent
To become a closa agent and start a POS business with an access bank is easy, as long as you have the following requirements.
- An access bank account
- An easily accessible business location
- A minimum working capital of #50,000
- Any means of identification such as a Voter’s Card, International Passport, Driver’s License, etc
- Utility bills e.g electricity bills, water bills, etc to serve as a proof of your home address
- National Identity Number (NIN)
- Two passport photographs
- Business certificate issued by CAC to show that your business is registered.
How to Apply/Become a Closa Agent
To apply for access bank POS agent and become a closa agent, follow the procedure below:
- Visit any access bank branch nearest to you
- Request for POS registration form
- Fill out the form and submit it with the requirements
As soon as the information you filled in is confirmed and your application is approved, you will be provided with your POS terminal and accreditation.
Access Bank POS Charges
Each financial institution in Nigeria has different POS terminal fees they charge their POS agents. These agents are charged a certain fee on each transaction.
A close agent is charged 1.25% on each transaction and 0.5% subject to a maximum of N1,000.
Frequently Asked Question
How much does it cost to become an access bank POS agent?
Answer – Access bank does not charge anyone who wishes to become a closa agent. It is totally free.
How much capital do I need to start a POS business?
Answer – The main capital you need for pos business is the cost of the machine and the funds you’d be dispensing to your clients. This should be between N50,000 and N250,000.
How much do POS agents make a day?
Answer – POS business is lucrative when you are in a place with a lot of people. You can make close to #7000 daily.
Does Access Bank charge for SMS alert fees?
Answer – Yes, access bank charges 4-naira per SMS.
Are there any charges for POS transactions?
Answer – For each transaction made on the POS terminal, there are charges attached to it.
This guide has provided you with all the information you need o access bank POS charges and how to start a POS business with access bank.
The requirements like a valid means of identification, a utility bill, etc. You also get to enjoy certain benefits when you become an access bank POS agent.