Would you love to learn how to buy airtime from first bank? Hang around while I show you how to use different media that First bank has provided.
The First Bank USSD *894# service covers countless banking transactions and is available across all networks used in Nigeria to suit both their old and new customers.
First Bank has been at the forefront since time immemorial, with seamless banking services in a more convenient manner, serving their customers to the fullest.
With the First Bank USSD code, an internet service connection is not required and you can easily access banking even in remote locations across the country.
So, just before we dig in deeper,
How Do I Register For First Bank USSD Banking?
The USSD service comes at the point of registration linked to the personal account and phone numbers.
Your mobile phone itself is a mobile branch with *894# and it can easily be activated with these three steps:
- Dial *894*0# on your mobile phone
- Input a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) linked to your debit card
- Create a 5-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN)
How To Buy Airtime From First Bank
When it comes to recharging your phone, you can buy a card through the USSD code, online banking, mobile app, ATM, and Interswitch.
Via USSD Banking
Interestingly, you can not only recharge your line, but you can also recharge others’ lines from your First Bank account using the USSD code.
To buy airtime for yourself from First Bank, dial *894*Amount#.
For example, *894*500# to buy #500 airtime on your First Bank account for your registered mobile number.
To buy airtime for others, simply dial *894*Amount*Phone Number# and input your five-digit PIN.
Buy Airtime Using Mobile App
To buy airtime using the mobile app, you have to first register as a new user. To register, simply:
- Download the First Bank Mobile App on your smartphone
- Open the app and log in with your username and password
- Click on “Airtime Purchase”.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number and amount
- Authenticate the card purchase by entering your pin then submit.
Buy Airtime Using Online Bank “Firstonline”
To recharge from First Bank via Firstonline, simply:
- Visit the bank’s online portal
- Log in with your username and password
- Select “Airtime/ Recharge Card”
- Input the receiver’s phone number and amount
- Authorize with your PIN to finish the process
Buy Airtime Via Quickteller
To buy a card using a quick teller, simply:
- Go to the fintech online portal
- Start with registration if you are a new customer
- Type your email and password
- Enter the recipient’s number and amount
- Input your debit card number, the expiry date, and CVV
- An OPT will be sent to your phone number and email linked to your bank account
- Enter the code to authorize the transaction.
Airtime Recharge Limit For First Bank
The maximum amount of airtime that can be bought from your first bank account in a day is 3,000 Naira.
This means you can not buy airtime beyond 3,000 Naira in a day. If you have recharged up to 3,000 Naira in a day, you will have to wait till the next day for another round of airtime recharge.
Easy Ways To Check First Bank Account Balance
In order to check your first bank account balance, you can simply dial the USSD code for this particular transaction, *894*00# from your registered phone number linked to your account.
The *894# is an easy and fast banking service that serves all you need, like the payment of utility bills, account balances, BVN linking, savings account opening, how to block First Bank accounts, and many others.
Transferring Money On First Bank
To transfer money, dial *894*Amount*Account Number#. Thereafter, you will enter the beneficiary bank, amount, beneficiary name, your five-digit PIN, then account to debit.
That is all about the convenient means on how to buy airtime from first bank. You do not have to get paper cards or scratch cards to recharge your phone number if you own a first bank account.
There is the magic code that makes banking easier and allows you to perform several banking transactions with card buying included.
And the options of mobile banking, quickteller, and online banking depending on your preference. Whatever your choice is, enjoy!