How to open a Uba salary account is not as difficult as you may think. All you need is the right information. To know the steps to take in opening a Uba salary opening account, continue reading up on this article, as I take you through how to open a UBA salary account.
What is Uba Salary Account?
United Bank for Africa (UBA) salary account is designed and created especially for salary earners to help them receive their salaries quickly. It gives the salary earners ability to track the payment of their salaries from their employers.
A Uba salary account holder is entitled to a personal loan of up to N5 million and paid back over a 12-month period at an interest rate of 1.58% per month.
How to Open a Uba Salary Account Online
With the introduction of the internet, everything has become easier. The United Bank for Africa (UBA) has given access to interested persons to open the Uba salary account online.
To open a Uba salary account online, follow the steps below:
- Open your browser on your mobile phone and visit https://www.ubagroup.com/nigeria/personal-banking/accounts/salary-account/
- Select Open Account
- Select open with BVN but you can choose to open without BVN if you don’t have a BVN
- You will be asked to fill out a form that contains where you can input your information
- Click on Browse to upload your picture/passport
- Agree to the terms and conditions then click on submit to complete the process.
Benefits of UBA Salary Account
The United Bank for Africa salary account is aimed at benefiting the salary earners. These benefits include:
- Uba salary account increases your chances of getting a quick personal loan
- The Uba salary account gives you access to Uba’s internet banking and mobile app
- The Uba salary account allows you to use prepaid ATM cards ( Mastercard, Verve, etc)
- Zero opening account balance
- Opening a Uba salary account gives you increased interest on your savings account
- There is no limit to the amount you can deposit
- You are given a checkbook at the point of opening your salary account
Things you need to Open a Uba Salary Account
If you are interested in opening a Uba salary account or you need a code to open a UBA account, you will need the following:
- A Complete account opening form
- A passport photograph (2)
- Valid means of Identification: Employers ID, International Passport, National ID, Driver’s License, Permanent Voter’s card, etc.
- Letter of introduction from Employer
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Utility bill (not necessary if employee company has a UBA account)
Note – The bank will review your submitted application to check if you meet up with the requirements before it can be approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to open a Uba salary account?
Answer – It takes about 48 hours to have your UBA salary account because of the verification process.
How much do I need to open a Uba salary account?
Answer – Opening a Uba salary account is free. The account itself operates on a zero balance.
Can I convert my savings account to a salary account?
Answer – Once you are retired, you can change your salary account to a savings account.
Does the salary account have interest?
Answer – Both savings accounts and salary accounts have their interest rates calculated the same way. However, it may vary based on the bank.
Can I transfer money from the salary account?
Answer – Yes, you can perform all basic functions like transfers, withdrawals, etc with your Uba salary account.
The United Bank for Africa created the Uba salary account for salary earners to help fast track their salary payments.
This article has provided you with all the information you need on how to open a UBA salary account and the requirements.