UBA secure pass is a software application launched by the United Bank for Africa to authorize transactions in replacement of the UBA hard token. If this sounds interesting to you, stick around to learn how to generate and activate the UBA secure pass.
UBA secure pass represents one-time tokens for UBA customers to complete whatever transaction they initiate on UBA mobile apps, UBA internet banking, or any other UBA channel that requires authorization.
How does this work? How do you generate a UBA secure pass? How do you activate the UBA secure pass?
Discover the answers to these bugging questions here, as this post promises to provide satisfying responses to all of your worries concerning the UBA secure pass.
Let’s get started.
How To Generate and Activate The UBA Secure Pass App
First off, it is important to make you aware of the sole requirement for this.
The only requirement to use this UBA secure pass to generate an OTP is to have a UBA mobile or internet banking account as you will need your login details to access the UBA secure pass application.
If you need help registering for UBA mobile or internet banking, check my post on how to register UBA mobile app.
How To Download The UBA Secure Pass App
This is an easy process. All you have to do to download the UBA secure pass is:
- Visit the app store of your phone
- Search for “UBA Secure Pass” for every other brand of smartphones (androids, iPhones, Windows) except Blackberry. For blackberry, search for U-token instead.
- Hit the “Download/Install” button, as the case may be, to download the app to your phone.
- If you get a prompt to install the app, follow the prompt. But if you get a prompt to open the app, it means the app has been installed successfully on your phone.
There you are, with the app sitting pretty on your list of phone applications! With that done, you should proceed to sign in to the app.
Once again, let’s go!
How To Login to UBA Secure Pass
To login UBA secure pass successfully, there are a few things you are required to have. Relax, they are things you probably have ready by now and if not, they are easy to get.
- Your login details (i.e User ID and Password) for UBA mobile or internet banking.
- A UBA account that is able to receive a One-Time Pin login. Otherwise, visit the nearest UBA branch to resolve the issue.
- An active phone number that is linked to your UBA account.
Have you gotten the ready? Great!
So, let’s move on to how to log in UBA secure pass. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Input your User ID
- Select the country of your UBA account e.g “Nigeria”, then click “OK”
- Enter the OTP you receive on your phone number, and click “OK” to complete the login process.
Once you have logged into the UBA secure pass app, the next thing to do is request the service of the secure pass.
You don’t need to rack your brain, I will show you how to get it done.
How To Request Secure Pass Service
Follow the given steps below to effectively request secure pass service:
- The first thing to do after logging into the app is to navigate and click on the “I’d like to request a secure pass” option.
- For internet banking users, provide the response to your security question and click “OK” to continue. If you signed it with mobile banking user ID, skip to step 3.
- Input your preferred name for the new UBA token identity, and then click “OK”.
- Click “Yes” if you go a prompt like “Have you downloaded and installed the UBA secure pass app to your phone?”
- Then, click on “Activate UBA Secure Pass” that appears on your screen to activate the service.
- Select “Next” if you had a successful activation, if not, select “Cancel”.
It is such a long process, right? Be chill, you are almost there.
The final action is to generate a token for the UBA secure pass. Stick around, I will walk you through the process in some seconds.
How To Generate UBA Secure Pass Token
A pin is required to generate the UBA secure token code every time you need to authorize a transaction, and as such, you have to create that pin.
Here is how to create a pin and generate UBA secure pass token for the first time:
- From the last point of action in the previous procedure, I assume you clicked “Next”.
- You will get a prompt to create a four-digit pin. Input your preferred pin, make sure the four-digit pin is one that you can easily remember.
- Enter the pin again to confirm it, then you can proceed to “Submit”.
And wham! You are finally done with the very long procedure of downloading, activating generating a token code for your UBA secure pass.
Setting up the UBA secure pass app on your phone might be a herculean task as per the long procedure, but the steps are straightforward and it is really worth the hassle.
For those who will give this try, please share your experience with me in the comments section. I personally would love to read them, and perhaps it will motivate others who are hesitating to give this a shot. You can also read about how to unfreeze your UBA account here.
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends, it could be of help to someone. Enjoy!