Want to know all about GTBank USSD Code? Hang around to unravel all you need to know about GTBank USSD code.
Banks all over the country have made it easy to do so many things from the comfort of your home, office and anywhere you may be with the introduction of USSD Codes and Mobile apps.
GTBank isn’t an exception when it comes to innovations that will suit their customers perfectly, and enable them to carry out transactions without stress.
This post is aimed at explaining to you, in detail, how to register and activate the USSD code created by GTBank and the benefits to be accrued from using it.
Features of GTBank USSD Code
- Open an Account
- Reactivate Your Account
- Funds Transfer
- Airtime & Data Top-up
- Check Account Details
- Create a Transaction PIN
- SKS Standing Instruction
- 737 Cashout Service
- Bill Payments (LCC Toll, Network Subscription, Electricity Bills, Cable TV Subscription)
- Airtime Advance
- Salary Advance
- Withdraw Cash without your Debit Card
The USSD code serves a lot of functions as stated above, and some are explained below for you to know and put to use;
GTBank now makes the movement of funds from one account to another easy with the introduction of USSD code by GTBank.
So, you don’t have to worry about standing in long queues at the bank before getting money across to your loved ones.
The good news is that you can transfer to any bank in the country via the code from the comfort of your couch.
- Dial *737*1*Amount*Account Number# (e.g. *737*1*1000*0987654321#) from the phone number you registered with GTBank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
To Other Banks
- Dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# (e.g. *737*2*1000*1234567890#) from your phone.
- Then, authenticate the transfer with 737 PIN created, hardware token or the last four digits of your GTBank debit card.
NOTE: The PIN refers to the one you created during USSD Code activation.
GTBank Savings Account can also be opened without going through a lot of stress through the USSD code.
- Simply dial *737*0# and follow the onscreen prompts.
- GTBank will create automatically and send an account number to you via SMS
- .Account opening forms are NOT required for the sign up process.
- Once you sign up, look out for your ten-digit account number (NUBAN).
Check Account Details
- Dial *737*6*1# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
Electricity Bill Payment
Payment for the electricity being supplied to your household by the Distribution Companies (DISCOs) is now easier than ever, thanks to GTBank.
There is a code specially designed for each zone for payment which is deducted directly from your GTBank account.
- Port Harcourt Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*95#
- Port Harcourt Postpaid – *737*50*Amount*96#
- Eko Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*151#
- Eko Postpaid – *737*50*Amount*152#
- Ibadan Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*137#
- Kano Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*93#
- Kano Postpaid – *737*50*Amount*94#
GTBank USSD Code Activation
GTBank USSD Code activation is split into two, one for those with active debit card(s) and another for anyone who has no debit card.
For a GTBank customer with a debit card, which is mostly made by MasterCard, below is the way to activate the USSD code;
- Dial *737# on your phone linked to GTB.
- Select 7 – Create/Change your PIN
- Select 1 – if you have an active debit card.
- Enter the last 6 digits of your GTB debit card
- Enter your preferred PIN
For those who are yet to get their debit card from GTBank, misplaced it, or is past its validity date, this is how to activate the GTBank USSD code for your use;
- Dial *737# via the number linked to your account
- Select 2.
- Input your Account Number
- Input your Date of Birth
- Insert your preferred PIN
Once the process (es) listed above have been completed, you can transfer funds, pay bills, check your balance, mini statement, and open an account with the code that has been created for your use by the bank you can trust at all times.
Also see how to reverse airtime purchase from GTBank.
Benefits Of GTBank USSD Code
- Instant value.
- Better cash management.
- Fast and prompt service.
- Simple, easy, and inexpensive to operate.
- It works on any phone.
- No data or internet service is required for transactions.
No one can hide from the fact that GTBank is serious about making their customers enjoy banking with them on a regular basis, anytime, and anywhere.
The GTBank USSD code is a testament to that fact, and we hope you have learned a thing or more from reading our post.